Today Systems In Motion announced a strategic relationship with Chegg – the #1 online college book rental company – to develop an Inshore technology service delivery organization that will support the application development, management and business intelligence needs of this high performing growth company. Systems In Motion has been working with Chegg over the last few months, and based on that experience, Chegg’s CTO, Chuck Geiger announced the strategic decision.
The key reasons for choosing Systems In Motion’s Inshore Service model as a strong strategic sourcing alternative to offshore included:
- Access to high quality US-based development and operations resources
- Agile, productive teams tightly integrated and aligned to business stakeholders
- Deep expertise in key web application development processes and technologies
- Faster “time-to-value” due to proximity, cultural compatibility and domain knowledge
- Lower risk and minimal overhead for governance and control
I’m very impressed with Systems In Motion. Your engagement manager is a rock star, and the team outperforms my expectations in terms of their flexibility and commitment to quality. After working with large offshore companies for many years, I firmly believe that Systems In Motion’s Inshore delivery model is the right balance of agility and cost-performance for fast growing companies like Chegg.
Check out the full press release here.